Algebra 1 assist » Percents » Fractions and also Percentage » just how to discover percentage indigenous a portion

If Jessica obtained 2 out of 20 concerns wrong ~ above her many recent mathematics quiz, what percent walk she obtain correct? 


Explanation:

Since she obtained 2 the end of 20 incorrect, we can an initial figure out the percent incorrect. We deserve to either uncover the decimal for 2/20, or make 2/20 a portion with 100 in the denominator. In this case, it is easier to do the latter. We must multiply 20 by 5 to acquire 100, thus we main point 2 by 5 to acquire 10. Then, we have that 2/20 is equivalent to 10/100. She shed 10 percent ~ above her math quiz, leave her through a score the 90%.

You are watching: 13 out of 15 as a percentage

*

10/100 = 10% wrong

(100%) – (10% wrong) = 90% right


Which the the complying with represents the portion

*
as a percentage?


Explanation:

We need to collection up a relationship to transform our portion to x/100.

*

Cross multiply.

(1)(100) = (8)(x)

100 = 8x

Divide both political parties by 8.

(100)/8 = (8x)/8

100/8 = x

Simplify.

100/8 = 25/2 = 12.5

Our price is 12.5%.


*


*


*


*


A die was rolling

*
 times and landed top top the number "
*
"
*
 times. What percent of the time was the result a number other 보다
*
?


Explanation:

Here, the most essential step is to understand what the concern is asking.

A "

*
" to be rolled
*
 of a total of
*
 times, but the question is asking around numbers other than 
*
.

A number various other than

*
 was rolled
*
 times that the full
*
.

Now, the last step is to convert

*
 into a percent. Due to the fact that
*
 is a multiple of
*
, the is a fast conversion.
*
 is equal to
*
 and the prize is
*
.


A very big bag is filled v marbles.

*
of the bag is filled v red marbles. Another
*
the the bag is filled through blue marbles. The remainder of the bag is filled v yellow marbles. What portion of the bag is filled v yellow marbles?


Explanation:

First, friend must find what fraction of the bag is filled with yellow marbles. We recognize that

*
the the bag filled through red marbles and
*
of the bag is filled v blue marbles. So, the fraction of the bag filled through yellow marbles should equal to

*

or

*

Next, you transform

*
come a percentage, i m sorry is 25%.


Jamie ate

*
of a pizza for lunch and
*
that the exact same pizza later for dinner. What percent of the pizza is left uneaten?


Explanation:

Jamie ate

*
the a pizza because that lunch and also
*
of the exact same pizza for dinner. To convert a fraction to a percentage, girlfriend simply transform the fraction so the the denominator is 100. So, Jamie ate 
*
of the pizza for lunch and 
*
that the pizza because that dinner. Due to the fact that the denominator of this fractions is 100, the molecule is its percent equivalent. Thus, Jamie ate 25% of the pizza because that lunch and 20% for dinner for a total of 45% the the pizza. 55% the the pizza stays uneaten.


Billy empties his pockets and finds some change. He find 2 quarters, 4 dimes, 5 nickels and also 9 pennies. What portion of the coins are nickels?


Explanation:

First, we can discover out the ratio of coins that are nickels. So, we know there are 5 nickels and also we deserve to count there space 20 coins total

*

So over there are 

*
coins that room nickels. However the question asks because that the percentage. To find the percentage, we have the right to just discover our answer as a decimal value rather than a fraction. 보다 multiply by 100%. So,
*

Thus our answer is 25%.


A student took a test and also got 13 the end of 20 concerns correct. What portion of inquiries did this student get correct?


Explanation:

We have the right to mathematically write "13 out of 20" together a fraction.

*

We can convert this to a percent by setup up a proportion.

*

Cross multiply and solve because that

*
.

See more: Who Gave Harry The Nimbus 2000, Harry Receives His Nimbus 2000

*

*

*

So, the student acquired

*
that the concerns correct.

 


Explanation:

To find the percent, first, collection up the fraction as a long division problem whereby the 1 is put inside the dividend and 8 is inserted in the divisor: